Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Fantasy Basketball results

This was a pretty good year for me in Fantasy Basketball, at least in my public leagues. I went hog-wild and maxed out all three of my yahoo IDs with eight teams each, but I only paid attention to two of the IDs and I think I will follow that same format next year. I learned that I really don't care for roto ball, so that means next year I will make a concerted effort to really win one of the roto leagues on purpose and not by accident.

For my main Yahoo ID, I had five public leagues, two active private leagues (including one I'm commissioner of) and one private league that was locked due to commissioner error. All leagues were H2H. I won three of the public leagues, and came third and fourth in the other two. I got my ass kicked in my own league due to autodrafting, grrr...I had a good run in the other league but injuries towards the end of the year doomed me to a 5th place finish. If my guys were healthy, I could have won it all.

For my secondary yahoo ID, I had five public H2H leagues, two public roto leagues and one private H2H league. I won two of the H2Hs, came second in another and third in the last two. I came fourth in the public league, which was a kind of deep team league. I liked the format but I have some suggestions for the commissioner...I will either win or come second in one of the roto leagues, but that was by accident. I didn't even think that team was going to do well, but as the year progressed I saw that it was on top of the league so I started to pay attention to it. Ironically, the other roto league was where I thought I'd do better, and I didn't. I ended up ignoring that team.

My last yahoo ID, I just drafted roto teams for drafting sake and didn't pay attention to 'em afterwards. I'm not that crazy for fantasy. Thus, they sucked :-D

So, it was a pretty good year. I'm looking forward to playing in winner leagues next year, I haven't done well in those but I plan for that to change.

No comments: